Building Market Reports: fostering low carbon opportunities in Europe’s Building Sector
A unique methodology
The Building Market Brief (BMB) relies on a national survey among all value chain stakeholders in the building sector, related to energy-related decisions, analysing their drivers and barriers. In addition, the market potential of a climate-neutral building park is evaluated. The BMBs provide important data and facts, trends in construction and building technology, and information on the influence of regulatory developments in building requirements and labels. The content is methodologically aligned, thus enabling comparison between all European markets.
Both local and national approach
With these reports Climate-KIC and partners are fostering the uptake of new low carbon innovations and technologies in Europe. The first BMB has just been launched during a workshop for 150 stakeholders of the Swiss Building Value Chain in Zürich, Switzerland. Soon the BMBs of France, Germany, the Netherlands and UK will follow. The targeted beneficiaries of the BMBs are low carbon technology & innovation suppliers (large corporates, SMEs, Spin-offs), country/EU policy makers and property investors.
“Our parallel approach of city (workshop) and national scale (report) is adding value to the current market situation. Many participants of the workshop felt that the BMB provided the missing pieces of information on which better and more sustainable decisions can be made.”York Ostermeyer, Project Lead Building Market Reports
- Summary of key national framing conditions and major trends – carbon targets, legal frameworks, financial support instruments, investment rates, etc.
- Market size and building stock morphology – building typology characterization and building sector stakeholders breakdown
- Potential market size generated through by transformation of the building sector according to national carbon targets to 2050
- Insight into key market stakeholder groups’ perceived barriers towards action, decision criteria and needs, based on survey results
- Local market experts’ comments on the content, targeted recommendations, and identified business opportunities
- A quantitative Indicator Factsheet and a qualitative Executive Market Summary is also provided, offering a synthesis of indicators, key findings and targeted recommendation extracted from the brief
“These reports also profile a single country-building sector condensed into 50 pages, are aimed at boosting stakeholders in the building value chain to take proper decisions in the near future.”Sybren Steensma, Programme Manager Climate-KIC BTA
Published 9 April 2018
Building Technologies Accelerator (BTA) is a programme by EIT Climate-KIC: the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.