Building Market Briefs – Comparing building stock data across countries in Europe
The building sector is in need of comparable, pan-European data. It is a pre-requisite for making the right decisions, setting standards and regulations, and preparing good quality business cases for investment. Up until now, this information has been incomplete and fragmented, hindering the uptake of new innovations and technologies. We seek to address this challenge by harmonising vast amounts of data from the European building stock, condensed per country and based on a unique methodology. Our ready-to-download Building Market Briefs aim to enable the uptake of low-carbon innovations, investments and impacts in the sector.
Watch video: Henk Visscher, Building Market Brief Partner & Professor at TU Delft explains why the Building Market Briefs are important and what the aim of the initiative is.
The Building Market Brief reports collect and generate insights on the building sector to foster low-carbon investment and scaling by generating an in-depth market study through reports. In 50 pages the reports profile a single country-building sector.
The content is methodologically aligned, enabling comparison between markets and includes:
- A summary of key national framing conditions and major trends – carbon targets, legal frameworks, financial support instruments, investment rates
- A market size and building stock morphology – building typology characterization and building sector stakeholders breakdown
- The potential market size generated through by transformation of the building sector according to national carbon targets to 2050
- Insights into key market stakeholder groups’ perceived barriers towards action, decision criteria and needs, based on survey results
- Local market experts’ comments on the content, targeted recommendations, and identified business opportunities
- A quantitative Indicator Factsheet and a qualitative Executive Market Summary is also provided, offering a synthesis of indicators, key findings and targeted recommendation extracted from the brief
- Benefits per customer segment
Who we are targeting
Targeted beneficiaries of the Building Market Reports are low carbon technology and innovation suppliers (large corporates, SMEs, Spin-offs) intending on scaling-up their solutions. The Reports enable these to:
- Identify the most relevant markets segments and business opportunities to invest
- Diagnose stakeholders’ specific need in the market
- Link with local market experts’ network and materialize identified business opportunities.
- Country/EU policy makers and property investors will be able to extract a pan-European overview of comparable market information enabling them to benchmark situation in different markets.
- Eventually the entire building sector will benefit, as aligned and comparable information has proven to be a key contributor to overcome market barriers.
The Building Market Brief Reports
To download the reports, please follow the links:
Interested to find out what opportunities and insights the Building Market Briefs may bring to you? Please get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published 24 October 2018
Building Technologies Accelerator (BTA) is a programme by EIT Climate-KIC: the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.