House of Natural Resources
The ETH House of Natural Resources (HoNR) develops, implements and monitors in-situ novel façade elements and innovative structural elements made of wood at original scale, including: post-tensioned timber frames using hardwood and timber-concrete hybrid floors made of beech wood.
‘Sustainable Wood Constructions and Innovative Façades’
- Development & implementation of innovative and efficient hybrid timber structures
- Field campaign of in-situ tests at different construction stages
- Implementation of a permanent sensor network for long-term monitoring
- Development and implementation of innovative façades
- Showcase for sustainable construction using wood
- Living lab for testing and demonstration of new building technologies
- Local communication
- Student education
Stakeholders and investors, real estate managers, project developers, total and general contractors, timber construction companies, for example: ETH Foundation, Häring & Co. AG, Hess & Co. AG, Pollmeier Massivholz, Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) and Swiss Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI).