Smart and sustainable offices
A smart and sustainable office incorporates all three dimensions of sustainability – economic, environmental and social, providing better performance than a conventional office.
Higher work productivity and optimized office space by improving diverse interactions of office design, building design and building systems and their effects on occupants with regard to energy performance and carbon savings as well as health and well-being.
Achieving higher work performance of employees by improving comfort (including thermal, acoustic, lighting, air quality) in offices and by introducing work-patterns adapted design solutions that put the occupant into focus.
- Office insights and diagnosis (monitoring of user demands for more appropriate office environments with resilient office space solutions)
- Office improvement strategy (a methodology to design an office offering higher comfort)
- Office improvement execution (linking innovative and sustainable building systems and technologies with improved indoor environmental quality and stimulating interior design)
- Sustainable office guideline for different climate zones in Europe (lead targets in their decision-making processes)
Stimulation, creativity, well-being, higher staff retention, increased job satisfaction, improved work engagement, higher productivity, less sick leave, space resilience, optimized use of resources, increased energy efficiency, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions as well as overall costs
Existing offices and new offices
- Office furniture producers > Improved furniture and interior design solution for offices
- Architects > Guidelines to support their design decisions
- Organisations/companies of any kind > Facilitate office change/improvement processes; continuous assessment
- Facility/property managers > Energy savings and better building performance and control during use-phase
- Construction Industry > Label/certification as proof for quality
- Real Estate Agents > Databases on their buildings as a persuasive marketing tool
- Green Building Council/s > Certification and label on SSO-level for international comparison